Saturday, September 12, 2009

Maryknoll Taiwan: Being and Doing Collaboration

Maryknoll Taiwan: Being and Doing Collaboration

There were times in the beginning of my ministry with homeless people when I felt alone. One day, a Maryknoll priest came to me and told me that he is praying for me and my work. That meant a lot to me. At the opening of the Good Samaritan Center, he was there and visited many times with us staff and the women. One day, he went back to the Center but kept his connection with me and the women center. God bless him in his resting place in heaven.
Other times, when I am around the Fathers/Brothers center, some would hand me some “ang pau” for my ministry. Still more surprises came, one day the Jesuit Spiritual Center in Taipei called, saying they would like to donate to the Good Samaritan Center upon the request by one of the Maryknoll Fathers. Thank you all for the generosity, you know who you are!
For my part, when Fr. Joy ask me to give retreats at least twice a year to the Filipino Migrants workers , I felt it is always a privilege to say yes.
Beginning July 2009, our little Maryknoll Sisters Regional office is moved to the “upper room” of the Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers compound in San Min Road, they not charging a single cent for rent. And of course, most of us Sisters are product of the excellent Maryknoll Language Institute, enjoying discount with tuition!
But the most important part of all collaborations are the gatherings of Maryknoll Sisters and Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers ~ ~~we love to party and share stories old and new!!! And for what else that I forgot to mention…

No comments:

Post a Comment